During his two years as one of Hollyoaksâ most popular stars, James Suttonâs character John Paul McQueen was the central figure in some hard-hitting storylines. As well as starring in an award-winning examination of homophobia, James was also the key player in a major subplot involving Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Having researched the issue in depth for the show, James came to understand just how crucial the problem of gas safety really is, especially for young people living away from home who might not know the score about taking precautions. Thatâs why heâs hosting our video feature with National Grid, packed with vital information about gas safety that all students living in rented accommodation absolutely need to be aware of.
Carbon Monoxide poisoning affects the lives of 2.5 million people worldwide every year. With adequate precautions, itâs easy to detect and protect against. Without them, the so-called âsilent killerâ can be severely dangerous if not lethal. Just a few moments checking out Jamesâ straightforward, easy-to-implement advice is every studentâs first essential step to ensuring theyâre properly protected