Owning a Vhearts account, you can easily use the many unique features that this social network offers. Not only that, you can also use other special programs and projects for internal members only
Not everything you hear about cancer is true. There are many myths and misconceptions but it’s not always easy to separate fact from fiction.
Do cellphones and power lines really cause cancer? And can you treat cancer just with natural products? There have been some convincing arguments supporting these and dozens of other claims, but how do you know what is true?
We take a look at the nine most common cancer myths that have been debunked:
1. Sugar can cause cancer to grow — While a diet high in refined sugar has been linked to various health risks that include certain cancers, research says that sugar itself will not exacerbate cancer, the Cancer Treatment Centers of America noted.
2. Deodorants can cause breast cancer — There is no evidence that links the chemicals typically used in deodorants and antiperspirants to cancer, as some experts previously thought after theorizing that the skin may absorb certain compounds known to cause hormonal changes, according to Cancer.net
3. Microwaving all plastic containers releases cancer-causing compounds into food — Microwave-safe plastic containers are safe to use in the microwave. At issue are containers not made for the microwave, which can melt and leak chemicals into the food, the Mayo Clinic reported.
4. If the tumor is solid, you don’t need surgery — While other treatment methods are used to shrink solid tumors, surgery is needed to remove them, explained the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
5. Cancer hurts — Pain is a symptom of cancer but not all people will experience it. And if they do, there are effective medications and other forms of pain management that can be greatly beneficial, Cancer.net reported.
6. Surgeries and biopsies can cause cancer to spread — This is a widely believed cancer myth that has little evidence to support it. The processes used to remove or test tumors will not cause cancer to grow but they are vital for any treatment, the Cancer Treatment Centers of America noted.
7. Chemo always has harmful side effects — For years chemotherapy has been said to always cause terrible side effects, and while many people will still experience this when undergoing treatment, medical advancements have greatly lowered the risk of harmful side effects, the Cancer Treatment Centers of America reported.
8. Cell phones and power lines cause cancer — There is no research that can definitively prove either one of these common cancer myths. We know that cancer is caused by genetic mutations but there is no evidence that the energy released by cell phones and power lines can cause these mutations, the National Cancer Institute reported.
9. Artificial sweeteners can cause cancer — Another common cancer myth that has little evidence to support it. While many artificial sweeteners have been linked to various health issues, cancer is not one of them, the National Cancer Institute noted. In fact, most artificial sweeteners have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
You may have heard somebody state "Vhearts", so what is Vhearts?
Vhearts is a neighborly informal organization for all Vietnamese. Vhearts is abridged from: Viet hearts (Vietnamese individuals' heart, love of Vietnamese earth ....), like Facebook, Vhearts acquires all the elites of seniors, other than there are a lot more extraordinary highlights, appropriate for Vietnamese fine traditions and customs..